For information on upcoming retreats, check back on this page or sign up for my e-mail newsletter.
A writing retreat is a great time to work and connect with other writers in a supportive atmosphere. My retreats usually last several hours, giving you plenty of time to focus on your writing.
No critiquing is involved, and beginners are welcome.
I offer prompts that you can use as writing jump-starts if you choose. You’re also welcome to come and work on a project of your own.
Participants are encouraged but never required to share their writings with the group.
I lead one-day retreats on Saturdays a few times a year, at locations throughout the Edmond/North OKC metro area. Most people bring snacks to share, and I guarantee that even starving poets won’t starve.
Upcoming Presentations and Readings
- Poetry Reading, Tidewater Winery (Drumright, OK), March 12, 2023
- “Dwelling on Details,” Central Region Oklahoma Writers, June 18, 2022
- Pre-Con Open Mic Host, Oklahoma Writers’ Federation Conference, May 5, 2022
- “Turbocharge Your Writing: Boosting Speed and Productivity,” Oklahoma Romance Writers Guild, June 2021
- Keynote Address, “Loving Your Limitations,” Poetry Society of Oklahoma Summer Workshop, July 2019
Need a Presenter or Reader?
I’ve given poetry readings throughout the OKC area. I’ve spoken about poetry and writing to several groups, including Oklahoma City Writers, Midwest City Writers, the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators, Poetry Society of Oklahoma, and more. I’d love to speak to your group. Contact me to schedule.
Sample Presentation Topics:
- Dwelling on Details: Using Sensory Images in Your Writing
- How to Keep Writing When You’d Rather Not
- Loving Your Limitations: How to Work Within Limits, Not Against Them
- Writing Contests: What Judges Look For
- 5 Self-Publishing Mistakes to Avoid
- Sales and Promotion for Shy Writers